Sunday, April 10, 2011

Now I Know What Love Is

Every night we have routine when putting the kids to bed where we sing songs.  Pamela has written two little songs - one for each girl - that she  made up in China to help calm the girls down.  For Anna, it was a song with the lyrics, " Close your eyes and go to sleep, go to sleep, go sleep... Close your eyes to go to sleep....know that Mommy loves you."

Tonight when Pamela was singing the song, Anna stopped her and said, " Mommy, when you picked me up in China I didn't know what love means but now I do."   Pamela asked, "Anna what does love mean ?" and Anna answered in her matter of fact, sweet little voice,  "It means that you care about me and you want me to be safe." 

Pamela came downstairs with tears in her eyes and said. " It's been a great weekend and we have two amazing little girls."

She's right.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Pam & John,
This post just grabs my heart and the tears are flowing!!!! I could feel sweet Anna's love!!!
And you do have truly amazing girls!!!
((Hugs)),
Jan, John & Jillian Rose

Joy Graham said...

Ok, you made me cry! I love the honest comments that come out of our little Lian too. Little girls from China just have their own way of expressing the deepest expressions of love with little effort. Love seems beam out of our daughter's pores! -Joy Graham

AuntSpode8899 said...

Children know when they are loved; it is their gift to us. Even when we do the smallest things for them, they would often reward us with the most heartfelt smile, kisses, and hugs. Anna is a girl of great wisdom, you can tell by her eyes. In China, she was cared for and loved. But in your home, she is receiving the kind of love that only a mother and a father can give. She can tell the difference.

Pamela, you will hear that from your girls many many more times in the days ahead. But this first "declaration of love" is truly truly special. God Bless!!!

Duchess of Lanier said...

joining in the happy tears