Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lily the Ballerina

Lily has become quite the dramatic little lady.  Her days are filled with make believe, dress-up, and role-play.  She's at one moment a fairy, the next a princess, the next an actress, the next a ballerina.

Each Saturday morning she joins her classmates at her ballet class.  Three and four year old girls are fun to watch as their teacher tries to keep their attention for more than a few seconds.  It is fun because they are still free from being directed, free to act on their momentary impulses, free to just be what they want to me.

Don't we all wish we could be three or four again?



3 comments:

AuntSpode8899 said...

We have a child in one of our groups who comes in wearing a tutu on most days, rain or shine. I think those gauze holds special fasincation for little girls because I remember my younger sister insisting on having a "gauze dress" when she was three or four years old. How she got the idea growing up in 1950s Hong Kong in an ultra-traditional Chinese family with no TV etc is beyond me. Where had she seen a "gauze dress?"

Lily looks every inch a pocket-sized Margot, so beautiful she takes your breath away. Yes, the stories, the color, the music and the physicality of ballet would answer to Lily's expressive nature. Dance on, little swan!!!

Kathleen, Mia and Marika said...

Awwwww, Lily- you are so pretty in your ballet outfit. I bet you have fun with all your friends in class. I took a ballet class awhile ago too, but all I did was sit in the corner until Mia would coax me to join the group-- I was a little shy. My mom said we would try again later. I hope you have fun! You sure look like a little ballerina and I can't wait to see you again! Love, your friend, Marika

Jan said...

Oh so sweet!!! Beautiful ballerina!!