Saturday, June 7, 2008

How Do We Say "Thank You"?

Thank you to everyone near and far who have continuously kept Lily in their thoughts and prayers. We continue to be amazed at the comments, emails, phone calls, gifts and loving acts of kindness from family, friends and those whom we’ve never met. When we started our adoption journey we knew it would forever change our lives as we embraced a little girl from the other side of the world. What we didn’t except is the wonderful people we’d meet along the way. The innocent life of one little girl has touched so many and as a result we have made new life-long friends.

The families from our adoption travel group have checked in often and included us in their prayer groups. Waiting families are sending us encouraging messages, our friends and neighbors are on stand-by for whatever we need, and then there’s Nana Barbara. She has made this ordeal so much easier by supporting us in so very many ways.

Yesterday we were treated to a homemade meal from another adoptive parent who lives in Lynnwood. Pamela met her through one of the adoption Yahoo groups and we were finally able to meet her in person. Coincidentally, her family recently adopted a little girl from the same orphanage where Lily waited. She too recently had open heart surgery from the same surgeon at Children’s Hospital, and her mommy’s name is also Pamela B! I’m sure Lily and Lulu will become fast friends as their Mommy’s watch in awe how their daughters heal and thrive. This is one of many examples of the loving acts of kindness others of which are chronicled throughout our journal.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear John and Pamela:
Hooray is all I can say. When I see pictures of Lily my heart just jumps and the tears swell up. What a blessing. I, too have had her in my prayers.
John, I am so sorry I missed you at the ACC Clinic on Thurs.I so much wanted to give you that book.
We were kind of dealing with our own little situation. After spending most of the early morning in the ER we found out our McKenna has scarlet fever. You don't hear of that too often. She is finally on the mend with some good antibiotics. I know you both understand how hard it is to see your kids sick. You just want to take on their pain.
Hope to see you this week on Thurs.
Be there or you will get one of our famous phone calls.
Love to all of you:
Tima Delp front desk at the ACC Clinic

Kristina said...

Hi guys, I hope Lily is having a wonderful night. I was just thinking about her, and I hope she continued to do well today! Not sure you'll be in the CICU tomorrow night, but if so - i'll stop by and see the beautiful girl! Thanks for being so wonderful - especially to Lily!

~Kristina, Lily's (not so)favorite nurse :)

Duchess of Lanier said...

Good Monday Morning! How wonderful to have Pam and Lulu! Hope every day this week brings continued progress. Love Lily's sitting up picture! Hugs, Trena

Blessed Family said...

Hi Pamela and John,

This is Heidi from the yahoo heart board. I am so glad Lilly is doing well. I have been keeping her in my prayers. She is so precious. My little guy has TOF as well. I will keep you in my prayers and I hope her recovery is fast. Take care, Heidi

Wife of the Pres. said...

Hi, I just saw your post on the China Heart yahoo group. Our little girl waiting for us in Kunming has a complex heart condition that has not been repaired. She is already two so we worry but we are trusting in God. It is so hard though.

I will be coming back to your site to check on your precious Lily. She is a beautiful little girl. What a special little miracle. She does look so good in the most recent photos. I know your heart must be breaking for her to go through this. You are the first person I have seen to post about such a quick surgery. We feel this will be the case for our little girl as well, but to see Lily and her willpower is so amazing. She is a fighter! We will pray on her behalf and for her Mommy and Daddy too. Blessings, Leslie (youbelong.net/theirwins)

Anonymous said...

John and Pam-
We just want you to know that we have been thinking about Lily and you constantly. We are so glad that she is doing better. Eventhough she has all of the wires and tubes in her picture you can tell that her color is beautiful! It brings tears to my eyes to see her looking so much better. I can't wait to watch her continue to heal and grow. Your Lily is quite a little fighter!

Duchess of Lanier said...

Tuesday Morning- Dropping by to check on the patient as is my new summer routine. Sending hugs and wishes for continued strength for Lily and for you two as well as adding Nanna B and Aunt K. Hugs, Trena