Sunday, March 13, 2011

"I just love the world!"

Lily was twirling around the family room this evening and suddenly she just blurted out..."I just love the world! And I love the world of me!"  The demonstrations of joy she and Anna express are always so much fun to watch.  Anna is not quite as dramatic as Lily, but her huge smile and her loud laugh are her way of expressing her joy with life.

Observing this joy helps us through the times when we question whether we are up to the challenges of being parents at our age (John certainly thinks about that the most!) and how we can be good parents with all the other demands in our lives.

Anna experienced a life moment yesterday when she lost her first tooth.  She was both excited and a bit scared at the same time.


5 comments:

Kris said...

Did the tooth fairy come?

AuntSpode8899 said...

I always knew that Miss Lily has dramatic flair. Would you put your daughter on the stage, Mrs. Block?

Don't even say that you two worry about "not being up to it" if you please. It only makes us feel woefully inadequate. LOL!!!

Kathleen said...

Yeah Anna! I love the missing tooth stage. You look beautiful. Remind the tooth fairy to come tonight-- I hear she gives some good loot. Love, Mia and Marika

sarahthefantastic said...

Congratulations, Anna! I loved your post, Pam. I see the same joy in YaYa and have thought of that word so many more times now that I have her. I hope they will always be so expressive and happy. xox S.

Duchess of Lanier said...

And we love your joyful world, too, Lily!
hugs from Trena
and LL