Saturday, November 6, 2010

Anna Turns Five

Saturday Anna had her first birthday since joining our family.  Last year we waited anxiously to receive pictures of her party from the orphanage. 

What a difference a year makes!  Leaving the orphanage, traveling all the way to America, learning a new language, having major surgery.  Anna has come so far this last year and has done so well.  She expresses her joy in many ways every day.

Although a bit overwhelmed, Anna had a wonderful time at her party.  Our next door neighbor Howard provided a bouncy room that was the hit of the day.

That winning Anna smile!


Lily helps Anna blow her candles





Having fun in the bouncy room

4 comments:

sue williams said...

Last year could you have IMAGINED that Anna would be crazy happy BOUNCING in a bouncy room????? My jaw drops almost everytime I visit your blog! The sky's the limit isn't it. How I wish we could make these dreams a reality for more. But....the ones we have are sure happy campers, and for that I am grateful as I know you are too. We are so lucky to have them. Tell Anna happy birthday from Juni and Jia!

Love all
sue

Jen said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! It brings my heart such joy to see that smile on your face!

Duchess of Lanier said...

Happy Birthday Month, Miss Anna!!! What a joyful group of friends! Wishing you a year of happiness tenfold.
Hugs from LL and me

Carey and Norman said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Anna! Such a sweet and happy girl!

Like Sue, I'm still in awe at how far Anna has come. What a special girl!